- The accounting profession’s first and only national, independent premier benchmark survey for practicing accounting, tax and bookkeeping professionals
- Participate in the survey through January 31, 2019, and receive a free e-book of the results when they are published in May, 2019
November 30, 2018, Hutchinson, Kansas and Knoxville, Tennessee – Randy Johnston, CEO, Network Management Group, Inc. and Brian Tankersley, Principal of Tankersley Consulting, announce the launch of the 6th Annual Accounting Firm Operations and Technology (AFOT) Survey. The AFOT Survey will remain open through January 31, 2019. The survey results eBook, to be released in May 2019, will continue to remain a free resource delivered to practicing accounting, tax and bookkeeping professionals who complete the survey.
“We are always pleased to understand the technology in use by CPA firms across the United States. The survey provides operational information to CPA Firm Leading or Managing Partners while revealing new trends,” said Johnston. The AFOT Survey continues to lead the profession as the nation’s most valid and complete, professional and insightful presentation of data impacting decisions being made centered on technology budget spend, software adoption and practice management. “I’ve learned something of note every year of the survey,” continued Johnston.
*** Take the survey now: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6thAnnualAFOT ***
The 6th Annual Survey eBook will feature a fresh new design, trend lines and consultative commentary from Johnston and Tankersley. “The survey’s validity is hugely important to us; we take this aspect seriously due to critical operational and technology decisions being made by practitioners based on the trend lines our survey reveals,” said Tankersley. “This survey is the premier benchmarking tool for practitioners nationally.”
Facts about the 6th Annual AFOT Survey
- Take the survey, get the $495 Survey results eBook, FREE OF CHARGE.
- 91 multiple choice survey questions.
- 30 minutes is the average amount of time required to complete the survey.
- Only one survey respondent per firm is required; the survey respondent will receive the AFOT Survey eBook via email on or before May 1st, 2018.
- Who is the best person to take the survey in your firm? The person most familiar with operations, practice management and technology and how decisions in the firm are made.
Survey areas include:
- Practice Management
- Technology Management
- Operating Systems
- Computer Hardware
- Application Software
- File and Data Storage/Management
- Remote Access/Internet/Telecommunications
- Technology Spending, Decision-making
- Annoyances and Trends
About the Principals
Randy Johnston is CEO of Network Management Group, Inc. (NMGI), a company he helped to create in 1983. Johnston is renowned throughout North America for consultation he provides on CPA Firm on their operations and technology, while also serving hundreds of CPA firms by proactively managing their technology. Johnston provides insight and guidance for firms of all sizes interested in growth, profitability, mergers and acquisition.
Dr. Leslie Garrett is the CEO and Founder of Insight Research Group (IRG). IRG is a research firm founded on the principle of providing valid, unbiased and actionable data. Research conducted by IRG entails carefully selected survey methodology to bolster confidence and ensure valid results for a population being measured.
Brian Tankersley, CPA,CITP, CGMA is a consultant, author, and speaker who specializes in accounting technology issues. Tankersley has spoken in 47 US states, and three Canadian provinces, and writes for major accounting press outlets including CPA Practice Advisor and AccountingWeb. He is also a faculty member for Yaeger CPA Review.